Saturday, October 13, 2007

I totally Oeshikied myself


Wow, I know what your thinking, 2 posts in 1 day, yeah, I know. Anyway, what we have here is actual happenings, last night I went down to Ikegami, a station near my house, and the namesake of the train line I ride roughly twice a day for a Oeshiki. Oeshiki is a Buddhist memorial ceremony, and this one was remarkably like a festival, tons of people, fair foods, games, floats and the like. It was wicked times, Deuce, A.O.S. and his girlfriend and I all partook in the festivities that went through the town and into the famous Ikegami Honmonji temple. It was the 2nd time I've been there, but last time was during hanami season and the rain struck, so this was the first time that I've gotten to take much of a look around the temple, and it's cool, like almost all other temples you'll see here, but with more stones than most. Not really much to go on here, but it was fun, drinking, eating, and watching people twirl there stuff in the air, good times.



No comments: