Sunday, August 31, 2008

I love rain, but this is out of hand... get Noah on the horn, I need his services...

I'm pretty sure that that was the longest post title in no airplay's history, but it came to me in a vision...
It's been over a week where we have had sudden, amazing downpours everyday. You never know when they're coming, and that's why the Japanese call them ゲリラ豪雨 (gerira gouu) meaning "guerrilla downpour." It makes perfect sense. Some days have been constant rain, but others have been these torrential rains that spring up between the time you walk into 7-11 and the time you walk out... like tonight. The other big thing has been the lightning and thunder that has rocked the area, some of the most intense L/T action I've ever seen. Just ridiculous. I like the L/T action plenty, except when it messes up the trains so that they are either wickedly crowded, or wickedly late. Then we have words! I'll try and capture a better pick to put up here but for now you can take a look at a pic I took of the lines of taxis outside of my place the other night at 1:30am because of the delayed or suspended trains:

No comments: