Friday, August 22, 2008

the quiet before the storm...

So here I sit on a shortish break at work just counting down until 5:40pm tomorrow evening when the L.W.O.D. '08 will begin. I've got about 7 and a half hours left for today and 7 and a half tomorrow... I'm so pumped! Yesterday Meltin faces and I did a trial run of the conbini challenge, walking Saturday's route and drinking only 4 beers (less than half the requirement) along the way, and found ourselves pretty drunk. Can't wait for the real deal! It took us a little less than an hour at a pretty snail's pace, which will figure to be about doubled tomorrow night. One reason I wanted to walk the route was that I wasn't certain that all the shops sold the kind of beverages we were after, as fortune would have it, they do! And thanks to mornin's keen eye (for better or worse), we were able to add one more stop to the route. There remain a couple questions in my mind as to how everthing will work out, namely:
1. will we be able to add a T.O.C. to the roster of events?
2. when will be the optimum time to hit up Ramen 526?
3. how/when will we record a new episode of the much beloved and much anticipated "home by 8, drunk by 10"?
So much to do, so little time...

No comments: