Thursday, October 12, 2006

back for the first time

No airplay is the place to be! I just thought I'd throw that in because when you google "no airplay" this site shows up at about #23 in the listings. It also pops up with a quote from probably my worst post, the "sometimes you feel like a nut" beauty. Anyway, by including the title of the blog in the post I might bump that off and replace it with this one... we'll see. I'll google it again after I finish this post.

Anyway, onto the fun and games!
Saturday night I headed up to Matsumoto city with hunbun to visit our friends who are living there. Matsumoto is located in Nagano prefecture which was the host of the 1998 Olympic winter games. While we were there we did some hanging out, we visited Matsumoto castle for a Soba festival.

We walked around, and ate some soba and other food. It was pretty cool, the last time I went to Matsumoto castle I couldn't visit it because it was under construction. I wasn't really planning to visit the castle, but since the soba festival was there we went to check it out, and it was pretty cool, glad we went. After the festival we went back to fu-chan's and had dinner and drinks with her, and her husband. It was pretty cool, really good food, and geat tequilla! I love tequilla! Fu-chan and I burned though a bottle (with hunbun and yu-chan chippin in a little, but I drank probably more than half myself) and partied on until they all passed out. I was the last one standing eventhough I put down quite a bit more than anyone else. It was a good evening.

The next day we said good by the the happy couple and tooled around Matsumoto, hunbun and I, for a bit. We had coffee, and did a little shopping, and then borded the train back to the mighty Tokyo.
It was a bit bitter sweet, well, bitter.




Back in Toyko hunbun and I hung out, had dinner, and went to bed. The next day, was... my b-day! Yeah! The big 27! congrats me! Hunbun and I slept in late, and had a nice breakfast, took a nap and then went out to Azabu-juban, an area in Tokyo that I saw on TV earlier in the day, and they had a bean shop that I thought looked interesting, so we went there and then just walked around. We saw a couple of cool shops in the area, of course hunbun wanted to stop at all of the bread shops. We went to the bean store and picked up some cool snacks (very tasty.) We also found a cool organic grocery store, not that I'm really into all of that, but it was pretty cool anyway. Later that night, for my b-day dinner we went to.... you guessed it! An An! But wait, not the regular An An, this time we went to one in Meguro, it was pretty much the same, delicious, and cheap! Wahoo! The next day, hunbun had to go to work, and that was the end of that. I spent the rest of the day doing laundry and watching movies and such, and today, back to work.... :(

No comments: