Friday, October 27, 2006

Ham-mer Time!

I lied, one more post tonight, one more thing to talk about. CONGRATULATIONS NIPPON HAM FIGHTERS! Tonight, Nippon Ham won the Japan Series with a 4-1 win over the Chunichi Dragons at the Sapporo Dome in Hokkaido. The Fighters won the series 4 games to 1 to win their first Japan Series in 44 years, the second one in their history. The Fighters are from Sapporo, in Hokkaido (moved from Tokyo a couple of years back, because of the over-crowding of teams in the Tokyo area) and the Dragons are from Nagoya, in Aichi prefecture. I'm not really a fan of either team, but I would say that I probably dislike the Dragons more. This time I was pulling for the Fighters because of their center fielder, Tsuyoshi Shinjo, more commonly known simply as Shinjo. He proclaimed during the season that this would be his last year after, I believe, 14 years as a pro. He spent some time (I think 3-4 years) in the US, and before that was a member of my favorite team, the Hanshin Tigers. Anyway, congrats Nippon Ham, and congrats Shinjo! It was a good ride!

No comments: