Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Day 33: Yukigayaotsukapolooza, day 1


Day 1 of Yukigayapolooza went alright. It wasn't the big shin-dig that I had envisioned, but you know what? That's just cool with me. I've always been kinda more the close friends kind of person. I don't really like meeting people. I don't really care for making friends. The whole deal reminded me of my old b-day parties, and it made me happy. When I was a kid, and mommy was organizing the ol' b-day madness, you know, down at BK, at a pizza parlor, or even at the house, there were always tons of kids. I was always good at making friends, comes with the territory. When you go to 6 elementary schools in 5 years, you get good at making new friends. Sad story, I know. When I got older and it was up to me to pick who I wanted to come, it usually came down to 3-4 people, including me. That's how I always liked it. I've made some really good friends here in Japan, and for the most part, they were all here. That's what made me happy. Thanks Doogle, Deuce, Melvis, Kangaroo Jimmy, and Morning for coming! I had fun, hope you enjoyed it too. Drinking and playing Wii, what more could one ask for? It was plenty for me, it was very "wabi-sabi"! Wabi-sabi is a great Japanese term, meaning something like "simple elegance" and it's in that simplicity that there is beauty. Thanks all.

No comments: