Thursday, November 01, 2007

Day 18: balls full throttle...

Well, the clock had ticked over to November now, and I've decided now is a good time to start studying for the JLPT. For those who don't know, the JLPT is the Japanese Language Proficiency Test, and it goes down December 2nd. The test is once a year, so this is the one shot. For the next month I'm dedicating myself to the passing of the test and thusly I've established some rules.

Rule 1:
Japanese only.

There ya go, that's the rule. Means, no English movies, TV shows and the like. There are some exceptions however...

Exception 1:
1 hour a day, and only 1 hour, may be used to speak English.

Exception 2:
One day a week I am allowed to speak my beloved English as much as I want, and to watch it as well.

Exception 3:
If engaged in the act of teaching (ha!) then "Rule 1" does not apply. This should be only 1-2 hours a week if at all anyway.

Exception 4:
Of course, if I'm hanging out with someone who doesn't want to join me in this endeavor, then "Rule 1" again doesn't apply.

Exception 5:
Anything dealing with football, and podcasts such as PTI, and Around The Horn are OK. Also, this blog.

That's pretty much it. We'll see how it goes. Wish me luck.


Here's a look at the books I'm gonna go through this month!

No comments: