Thursday, April 23, 2009

Art Archives vol. 1

I've recently been re-bitten by the art bug and I've really been feeling like I need to be creative. I tried to pick up the guitar about a week ago for the first time in awhile and promptly gave myself a wicked blister on my left ring finger... Haven't been able to play since. It's almost healed now! I've been trying to do some drawing and haven't really found my direction just yet, but I'm plugging along. It all got me looking at some of my old stuff and I decided that I should put some of it up for all to view. The first installment in the 'Art Archive' is from way back, seems that Napoleon Kaufman played at the UW from 1991-1995 so this could have been done any time between those years, but I have a feeling that it was probably around '91 or '92. So, I was around 11 or 12 years old, man this drawing brings back memories! I remember it most because I did it for my orthodontist, he was a huge UW fan, and a season ticket holder. Anyway, I know it's shit, but oh well:I cropped it a bit from the original, think it looks a bit better this way. The facemask and the left arm are pretty messed up! Anyway, I'll try and upload some other favorites in the near future...

No comments: