Friday, November 27, 2009

thanksgiving!

yesterday was thanksgiving here in Japan. didn't know? it's by far my
favorite holiday, love it! unfortunately I couldn't spend it with my
family, (miss you guys!) but I did get to spend it with the wife : )
after a morning out in Hiroo shopping and walking we made it back
home, took a break and got to cooking around 7. I was only responsible for one dish, something I've never cooked or eaten, green bean casserole. normally, I guess, it is made with French fried onions (?)but I don't eat onions so I tried some daikon. it worked alright, ended up a little soggy (think they are supposed to be crisp) but well enough. mornin liked it very much, I thought it could have been better. mornin handled everything else; pumpkin pie, mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, biscuits, cranberry sauce and gravy.
it was awesome!
I ate a ton and gained 2 pounds... gotta work in that. I love thanksgiving! we also watched some Charlie Brown thanksgiving special.
man that animation is terrible!

No comments: