Saturday, July 05, 2008

a birth in the neighborhood...

So, going waaay back ("a death in the neighborhood..." post), I mentioned that gyu-kaku (牛角) went under and we were waiting to see what would fill the void. I predicted a "super gyu-kaku" which doesn't actually exist, except in the form of An An (安安)! I actually predicted that! Ask anyone who was there on the last day of the gyu-kaku experience, i.e. mornin, and i actually said that it would be coming in! ka-pow! So being the An An lover that I am (see the early days of this blog when I lived in Omori (大森) still or after a Baystars home game), I was there for opening night, and have been there twice since with plans (as I write this on my cell phone at work) to visit tonight, for my 3rd straight 4th of July! It's a tradition you could say ;) What sets An An apart in the yakiniku (焼き肉) kingdom is it's ridiculous (shout out to meltin faces and mornin!) low prices! 290 yen for a beer or a plate of meat, or a number of other delicious menu items. My favorite thing to do is get the "mountain of sliced cabbage (山盛りスライスキャベツ)" with ceasar dressing, and top it off with some juicy meat to make some delicious bite sized grilled beef salad! do it!

No comments: