Thursday, July 10, 2008

New site! and musical terror!





I launched a new website that will probably be interesting to no one except myself, but it`s out there... Scrumped! (http://scrumped.blogspot.com) is the place to check out all the sweet ass restaurants in the Yukigaya-Otsuka area, and beyond!


While investigating a restaurant in Kamata this evening I heard the sweet sounds of street musicians carried on the wind. At first I was frozen with shock, and disbelief at what I was hearing. Then I played it off as my mind playing tricks on me (気のせい). Then I realized that I wasn`t going crazy, that the sounds I was hearing were the same exact sounds I hear at least 2 days a week at work in the far off area of Ikebukuro (remember I only work there 3 days a week)! These 2 bastards were invading my backyard! I couldn`t believe it! It`s not that these 2 early to mid 30`s love song sculptors are so terrible (they`re not so great either) but it`s that I hear them at least twice a week, and they seriously have no more than 4 songs in their repertoire that they play over and over for roughly 4 hours per performance! Of course they occasionally take "5" and then are right back singing the same damn songs! I have them memorized as I can hear them clearly through the closed window of my classroom... over and over... I`m absolutely flabbergasted at the shear unexpected randomness that would plop them down in Kamata, about an hour train ride from what I thought was their normal scene of Ikebukuro. I wonder where else I might run into them... and I cringe! I hope they make it big so I can avoid them easier.

No comments: