Saturday, July 05, 2008

"Change!" Cry o` the Monkeys!

Some controversy surrounding a commercial put out by E-mobile has been blowing around the internet and the newspapers involving Barack Obama, a monkey, and the slogan of "change!" You can read more about it, and also see the commercial on other sites like Apoc`s site or on the Mercury, because the only place I get my news about Japan is from "The Voice of Tasmania!"
The basic idea is that people found it offensive, and it`s easy to see why it could be seen that way considering certain racial connotations between monkeys and certain groups of people. I was under the impression that when the TV commercial was pulled, that the whole campaign would be going down too, that is not so! I was riding the train to work yesterday when I saw this:judge for yourself...

No comments: