Friday, February 13, 2009

建国記念日 rocks!

This year's 建国記念日 was off the chain! I got up early because I had to work (boo!) and mornin got up even earlier, she had to cook. She made a very nice traditional Japanese breakfast consisting of natto (納豆), rice (お米), miso soup (みそ汁) and some salmon (鮭) (for me).After breakfast I headed off to a boring day at work where I tried to convince all of my students to celebrate the holiday like myself to mixed responses. I also wore a silly 鉢巻き that says "神風." No good pics of that though.
6 o'clock came and I was out the door and off to 新大久保 for the evening's rock! Envy was playing and they played hard! They sounded great, the sound system wasn't the greatest and the place was tiny! But once my ears were a bit numb, it all sounded a bit better. They played for about 2 hours, a lot of old stuff too. The place was a little strange and the stage wasn't very elevated so it was really hard to see anything going on on stage if you were more than 3 people back. At one point in the show the singer said something funny as I was taking a drink and thus I spit water all over the people standing in front of me, sorry! The show was really really good and I can't wait to see them again in April!Yeah, that's the best/only picture I took of the show.
After the show it was back to tradition and mornin and I headed to 五反田 to hit up the standing sushi bar. It was really good and I tried a bunch of stuff I haven't before. Here was some of the goods:Finally we headed off for カラオケ and rocked out for a bit, but I lost my voice a bit from screaming at the concert and then after my first couple songs so I couldn't really sing near key for most of the night.
It was a good day.

No comments: