Tuesday, May 27, 2008

a death in the neighborhood...

so last night mornin and I headed out to dinner and a series of circumstances lead to the decision to visit Gyukaku (牛角). First, last week while listening to PTI I realized it was Memorial Day this Monday so I suggested going out for some Yakiniku, a bastardized version of a BBQ. I had forgotten about it and since I had decided not to go to work that day I had suggested to cook something for that evening`s dinner, but while walking mornin to the station we saw one of the guys from Ramen 526 (ラーメンこじろ) so we decided to scrap the home cooking in favor for some tasty ass ramen. Flash forward to around 9pm when mornin arrives back in Yukigaya and we head over to Ramen 526 to find it closed for the evening, the reason, not sure but probably they ran out of noodles. Oh well, we thought about heading over to the old standby, Soul Food, but suddenly remembering that it was Memorial Day I suggested Gyukaku so we walked over there... to our surprise there were flags outside saying that they were having a closing sale. And on the door, it said that today was actually the day that it was closing... very sad. In Yukigaya there are a few yakiniku joints, but most are expensive, the best around is for sure gyukaku. It`s tasty, and reasonable. And now it`s gone... pretty sad. I`ve been trying to think positive lately (because I am a horribly pessimistic person) so I`m thinking that something good is gonna take it`s place... what could it be... well, we`ve got tons of ramen shops, and a couple good curry shope, there`s a good Italian restaurant at the next station, plenty of decent izakayas... I hope it`s An An, the best yakiniku place in Tokyo... or... don`t know, just something good please!There were tons of discounts, and the place was packed, so I got my fill and then it was over. Bye bye GYUKAKU! Thanks!

After dinner I took a bunch of pictures of Yukigaya, here are some:

No comments: