Tuesday, May 06, 2008

GW #1: Golden Week '08 = baseball, beer, and (crying) babies!

Wow! I'm back. Got back into Tokyo at about 11:30 last night and got home around midnight after an intense 5 days that can be put into 3 words: baseball, beer and (crying) babies. So, I'm gonna do at least 3 more posts today, separated into the 3 cities visited, with lots of pictures. The trip was awesome! It was my first big trip in a long time. First time I've ever been to Hiroshima and Kobe and both were great. It was also a rough trip for me, starting with a toothache, and continuing with a wicked sunburn and all on little sleep, but it was very worth it! I had a great time! One thing that I don't like about vacationing is that other people do it too. There were so many people everywhere we went (especially because it was Golden Week) and those people often have babies... babies that cry! Ahhhhhh!
Here's a quick list of places I remember hearing babies ballin':
Shinkansen from Osaka to Hiroshima, and from Kobe to Tokyo.
Miyajima Island.
Anago restaurant in Miyajima.
Okonomiyaki place in Hiroshima.
The Peace Museum in Hiroshima.
Kobe Beef Restaurant in Kobe.

There ya go, there were probably more, but that's all I can remember for now.

This girl wasn't crying, but she was playing with her spit on the train platform in Miyajima... gross!
This boy didn't cry (at least that I know of) but he was rockin' the sweetest Buffaloes gear in the stadium!
This boy didn't cry once! And he knew ever word to every Carp cheer in the book!

I'll be back with more!

No comments: