Friday, May 16, 2008

guess what I hate today... #2

Computers! I hate computers! To be more specific, the complexity of computers that makes them not "just fucking work!" I got a new computer last week and I love it! It`s sooo much faster than my old computer! I love it! It`s got a huge monitor and just works great! The problems however came before and after...
First: sometime last week all of my ESPN podcasts (the ones I listen to/love the most) stopped downloading... Don`t understand why still... dude?`s still download just fine, but I`ve been around on line a bunch and see many other people with the same problem, many of them over here in J-pon. So, for the past week dude? has been gracious enough to send all of them to me, but, I want them to download like they used to! This is not a problem due to the new comp, as it was happening with the old one...

Second: When will microsoft smarten up and make their OSs multi lingual like MAC? It took me forever to get an English language pack for this SOB!

Third: So, I bought a new wireless router for this thing, and it is such a pain in the ass! It`s eaten up hours of my time trying to figure this shit out and still... It seems to work well unless I run a certain little blue frog program and then it just sucks! The internet just becomes useless! And the downloads take forever! AHHHHHH!!!!!

Fourth: I think the creepy German/Belgian/Austrian guy that moved in nextdoor is sucking the life out of the internet! Everytime he comes home it seems that everything slows down... At first I thought he was downloading a ton of shit or playing some on-line game, and I can see a massive monitor through his door window, but it looks more like a music program... maybe he`s making some Euro-beat crap, and just blocking all internet traffic for fun! What a dick!

Fifth: Why are Japanese keyboards so small?

So, no show yesterday, maybe sometime soon, maybe not till next week, don`t know, I spent all my time yesterday trying to get the router figured out. I`m still trying to find a way to get my "on the road" podcast thing figured out. We`ll see... F`n technology!

No comments: