Thursday, March 05, 2009

Manny man!

Oh yeah! Did you hear? Manny finally signed with my Dodgers! Wahoooooo! I love Manny! He's suck a dick, but he's also the best right handed hitter (along with Edgar) in the past 40 years. I do sometimes wish he was a little bit more "role modelly" but I love his fun natured play style.He's a hitter and only a hitter, but with the way he hits, that's enough. I always knew he would be back with the Dodgers, but I must admit that I was a little worried... just a bit...

While I'm at it, Hooooooooouuuuuushhhhhhh! TJ Houshmanzhada (or something like that... actually, it appears to be TJ Houshmanzada. Damn I was close) has signed with the Hawks! Welcome to town! Over the past few years the Seahawks have become a heaping pile of receivers from all around the league, and last year we were plagued by injuries, I heard on one of the podcasts I was listening to yesterday, maybe 7 injuries for the receiving core last year... I'm happy to have Housh back in the great PacNW! This does beg the question about Crabtree, the Texas Tech Uber-menche, freak of nature that many experts had going to the Hawks with the 4th overall pick in the NFL draft... he woulda be nice to have... are we still gonna take him? I'm thinking that with the acquisition of Houshman, we might end up trading the pick to avoid paying top 5 rates for a college kid... T.O.'s on the market... he's a cancer, but he's a damn fine receiver...

Photos procured from Google

2 comments:

Casey said...

enjoy manny while he's happy...i'll be curious to see if he gets up to his old antics in l.a. once the novelty wears off...i enjoyed watching him for the last bunch of years in boston but he turned into a dick last year...true colors? he's a crazy hitter, but he's a fucking idiot...the former generally makes up for the latter...

b? said...

Yeah man, I know he's a dick and that's one of the reasons I like him. He has a personality that hasn't, and seems, won't be sanitized by the media and MLB. I think some of the things he does are of course to stir things up but I enjoy it. At least you can get an idea of who he is. I know he threw some people under the bus when he was trying to get out of Boston and that's too bad, but I also think that some of that blame falls on the Bo-sox org. I like the sox, mostly because they have the greatest stadium in the history of baseball and because they are not the Yankees but I thought that certain things they did with other players after they won their first WS on, led to a lot of Manny's discontent there.
Oh well, he's only inked for 2 years right? hopefully not long enough for him to turn on the Dodgers too!