Sunday, July 23, 2006

CoCo Ichi is No. 1!!!

So, here's a picture of one of my favorite restaurants around Japan. It's called "Curry House CoCo Ichibanya." It's a curry house, and it's great. You can choose the kind of curry, the toppings, the amount of rice you want, and the spicyness of the sauce! It's like a dream world! I usually go for #4 or #5 spicycraziness, which is hot, but not really bad, but I was talking to a student one day, and he told me that he had challenged all the levels, 1-10, and he was a real low level student, so it sent me into a fit of laughter when he told me that he woulnd't do #10 again because, as he put it, "ass fire!" F'n halarious! Anyway, my favorite is the stewed chicken, 400g of rice, and 4 spicipication.
There is also a new curry out called "squid ink curry." Seems a bit iffy... I'm waiting to go with hunbun, and try her's when she gets it. Here's a pic:
so yeah, from upper right to bottom left, counter clockwise, the ingredients are as follows: onions, tomatoes, squid ink, wine, brandy, almond, olive oil, garlic... I'll let you think about that...

No comments: