Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A whoopin in Saitama...


So last night was my big visit to the Seibu Invoice dome. It was really cool, I was surprised, normally domes don't really do it for me, but this place was cool because it's a dome, but you can see outside as the bottom of the dome is open. It used to be a regular open air stadium (and you can see one of the old lights on the right hand side of the top picture) but they added a dome to it in recent years, and it's very, very cool. Also, the most interesting feature of the stadium is that in the outfield there are very few bleacher seats, because most of it is just a sloped surface. Most people put down blankets, or towels or something to stake their claim to the area. It's cool, kinda a picnic like set-up. Anyway, the fans were really into it, it's a real good atmosphere, and they've got some good cheers and such.
Also, again, I tried a beer an inning challenge at the game, but this time, I went with tall boys, and calculated it out so it's 6.3 tall boys = to 9 regular beers. But I just rounded it down to 6 and I won. It was a bit easier this time because there were about 25 hits in the game yesterday in a 13-6 beat down of the Lions by the Orix Buffaloes. It was too bad that it ended that way, but it was all good, really interesting experience. Probably my new 2nd favorite stadium, and my new 2nd favorite team as well. Go Lions!
The only real problem with the stadium is that it takes about 2 hours of train riding to get there. But it wasn't too bad last night becuase I got seats on the way home on 2 of the 3 trains that I had to take, and slept for more than an hour of the trip back, and at one point I actually had all kinds of room and stretched out using my bag as a pillow, that was very nice, something very rare here in Tokyo, SPACE!

No comments: