Thursday, July 27, 2006

An evening in Toritsudaigaku

So last night, I met up with hunbun again in Toritsudai because I had to work there this afternoon, and she lives around there, so I can stay with her and just walk to work, oh my it's nice. A 10 min walk is a bit better than my usual 40 min or so commute to work walking and on the trains everyday. Anyway, we went to my fav curry spot, coco ichi! Good stuff! as always! Anyway, hunbun didn't get the squid ink curry, so it was a bit dissapointing, but maybe next time... After dinner we went for a walk and stopped by a fruit and veggie store where I saw, for I think the first time, the famed square watermelon. Quite the spectical I must say. Anyway, I hate watermelon, so didn't get it, but it was still kinda cool to see.
After our walk we also stopped by our favorite spot in Toritsu called "Stallion." It's kinda a tex-mex style place with an old west/ native american theme. It's not too expensive, and it's fairly good food. You can get some taco stuff, or fajita style things, along with steak and a varitey of other food type things. They've also got a whole bunch of taquilla as well. Also, we battled at a couple of games of bowling on the DS. I got a game which is called "daredemo asobi taizen." Somewhat difficult to translate, but I guess you could say "The complete games for everybody." It's just a bunch of little games in one, like: chess, othello, Go, Shogi, card games (blackjack, poker, solitare etc.) and some other stuff like bowling, and darts. It's pretty cool, and the best part is that up to 8 people can play all of the games from one single game cartridge, as long as 8 people you know have a DS of course.

No comments: