Thursday, August 17, 2006

Inspiration strikes!

So, inspired in part by my witness to the coolest parking job ever, I bought a bike! WahoooOOoo! It's rad, it's name is "bikun." Which is a combination of a japanese pronunciation for bike (baiku) and the name ending (showing familiarity) for dudes (kun). So Here he is:

It's really nice having a bike now, and it's cut my trip to the station by a third! great stuff.

On wednesday, hunbun and I went to see pirates of the carribean 2, and it was pretty cool, kinda corny, but I enjoyed it enough. The theater was really nice, and we had a good time, we went to a Thai restaurant before hand and it wasn't too bad. It was only the 2nd time I've been to the movies here in Japan (the first was about 6 years ago) because it is pretty expensive, about $13 a pop! But it was cool, first movie I've seen in a theater in probably a year in any country. I'd say the special effects were better than the first, the story was worse, and of course it is deffinetly a set-up for the 3rd installment. I'm now looking forward to that, and I think it comes out in march or something crazy like that. I thought Johnny Depp was really good in it, and everyone else was pretty good, but aside from the ship of crazy cursed people again, the only new characters in the movie (a bad english guy, and a voodoo lady) were both pretty weak I thought, oh well!

While we were waiting for the movie to start, hunbun and I went looking at some glasses, because I hate the ones she has now, and I told her I'd buy her some new ones for her b-day. We found a couple of cool ones, and I really liked this one, I think they are really adorable.

No comments: