Wednesday, January 16, 2008

the great milk fiasco!

In keeping with my "going GReeeeN" theme, I spent yesterday (all day) looking for a place to buy milk. I started the day off to Ishikawadai to look for a phantom Meiji milk shop that was found on the internet... apparently it's now some kind of fire station, thanks internet! After that disappointment I spent some time searching the rest of the Ishikawadai area for another place to get my milk on to no avail. I packed it in and headed over to Shinjuku to pay my rent and grab a bite to eat before heading back home. Once arriving home I checked the Meiji shop down the street again, and again it was closed (I found out today that a little old lady runs it, and I think it's only open sporadically, maybe mostly in the early morning) so I headed to Ontakesan to search there... nothing, so headed back to Yukigayotsuka to search... nothing. I did find a Tofu store near the station and picked up some Tounyu (soy milk) that was pretty good, pretty thick though. As a last ditch effort I headed towards Okusawa and searched the area, again to no avail. I left my house at about 11:30 am and returned at about 5:30, 6 hours of walking around trying to find milk... On my way back to Yukigayaotsuka from Ontakesan I noticed a couple of milk delivery boxes and took a photo of the address on it, here it is:
I showed it to mornin and she called the place listed on the box and found out that it was actually open! So today I went over there, about a 10 min walk from here and finally, oh yes finally I bought some milk! It looks soooooo delicious! I haven't tried it just yet, waiting for it to be nice and chilled before partaking in it's glory, but it looks sooooo delicious! and expensive, this little beauty cost me a whopping 420 yen! That's around $3.50! I think some of that money is going towards the bottle and I'm hoping to get it back when I go to pick up my next round. I'm ecstatic! Tonight, thinking about making some stew (shout out to deuce!) using the fresh milk I just picked up, probably gonna be sweeeeeeet!

No comments: