Wednesday, January 02, 2008

whaddaiwannado!

As I mentioned in the last post I've got some stuff I wanna do this year. Of course I wanna save money, but let's imagine that money is no object... wait, that'd be silly, so we're gonna imagine that we're in the real world and look at some things that I want to buy, and some places that I want to travel to that are fairly likely to be bought or reached. Some concessions will probably be needed because I doubt that I'll be able to buy/do all of them, but...

Let's get it started with the goodies I wanna buy!

#1: new PC!
the main reason that I want a new PC is because mine is terrible! It has a tendency to take forever (literally) to do anything. I can't run more than a couple of things at the same time and don't even think about trying to listen to music while doing something else. I use alot of programs that are pretty intensive, alot of recording stuff, and art programs that kill the performance of this p.o.s. Also it's just a laptop and according doesn't have the performance that I need. I figure in the last year I've lost roughly a solid week of time just waiting for my computer to react to the request I've made... I do have a mac laptop back home that would help out a bit, but I haven't been back since I got here and haven't had a chance to get it.

#2: an iRiver!
I'd like one of these things because first of all, I'm done with iPods! I've gone through about 5 or 6 of those things since they came out and I've had more than my fair share of problems with them. The second reason is that with the iRiver I can record on the road. I think it might make for some interesting no airplay shows down the road too.

#3: a new wallet!
The wallet I have now is rad! I love it, but it's kinda falling apart, well, really the zipper is broken and has rendered it somewhat non-functioning. It's too bad, it's a really cool design and I'd like to just get the same one again.

#4: an Xbox 360!
Yeah, I know they've been out for a long time, but I haven't got one yet. They came out a little while before I came over here, and I've wanted one for awhile, but I only want the U.S. version, because all the games that I would play wouldn't come out here... namely football games.

#5: a new phone!
I've had mine for nearly 2 years and when April rolls around I'll be able to get a new one with no transfer fee

#6: a camera!
I'd like a decent camera, nothing crazy fancy (although that would be nice) because I just can't do all the stuff I want at the quality level I'd like with just my phone. It's served me well, as all the pictures on my blog (except maybe 2?) were taking on my phone, but if you've ever clicked on an image and looked at it full size, the quality isn't great.

I think that's about it. There are some other things I'd like too, like a new guitar, amp, TV and probably some other things... what is it that Buddha said...

Places I'd like to go...

#1: Home!

Home is around Seattle. I haven't been there in about 2 years and 4 months. I stayed down in Arizona for about 6 months before moving here because my family had moved down there. Since I've been here, the family moved back up to the Seattle area, and I'd love to go back for a visit... but there are rumors of another move... back to Arizona maybe... I'd love to go back home for a visit, but I'm not sure where I'd be going...

#2: Hiroshima!
I've wanted to visit Hiroshima for awhile. Sure it's got the atomic dome, and Miyajima and probably some other things too, but I want to go to see Hiroshima Municipal Stadium, home of the Hiroshima Toyo Carp. It's gonna be it's last season of operation as a new stadium is being built near the main station in Hiroshima. I'd Love to make a trip after the new stadium is built, but I have to see the old stadium first, it's 50 years old and a part of the history of the NPB.

#3: Kobe!
Kobe's the home of Seattle's sister city and home to Skymark (Kobe Green) Stadium. That's about the only reasons I can think of.

#4: Sendai!
Fullcast stadium, home of the Tohoku Rakuten Eagles.

#5: Hokkaido!
Again there's a baseball stadium here, but I'd mostly like to visit to see my boy Tora. Also, in all my time in Japan, I've never left the island of Honshu. Of course I'd like to check out all the 4 main islands of Japan, but gotta start somewhere, guess this would be a good place.

#6: Outside the country!
Of course being here there are several countries that are fairly close, namely Korea, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, etc. and any of those would be fine, but I'd really like to try India, Nepal, Mongolia, Thailand, or maybe Vietnam or something. They're all fairly close.

So there you have it, let's see how many of these I can cross off the list this year!

No comments: