Wednesday, January 16, 2008

to the future!

On my epic walk yesterday I came across some interesting things that I'd like to share with you all, right here, right freakin now!


The first thing was this sweet TV I saw at Bic Camera down in Shinjuku, it's freakin 3D TV! It says it's the first in Japan, and it was pretty cool. You pop on a pair of nerdy looking specs and the quality of the TV is like HD I'm guessing, and it really does 3D pretty well. If you get a chance to check it out, do so, I can't imagine sitting at home watching 3D TV for hours on end, but it's a pretty cool idea I guess.



The second thing (which I actually came across earlier in the day) was these little stickers on a cigarette machine in Ishikawadai. It's an add for the new "taspo" service. Taspo is the new card that people need to get to buy cigarettes from vending machines starting in July to try and cut down on underage smoking. It says you can apply for a card starting next month, we'll see how well the system works.


Third and fourth are a couple of construction projects happening around my area. The first one is happening just down the street, don't know what it's gonna be yet, but I'm hoping that it'll be something good, I've been pretty disappointed with the construction around here lately as it's all apartments or housing, and before that a crappy ramen shop, a kimono store, a lottery shop, and a Soft Bank store. I'm looking to get something I can use in the area hopefully. The second construction project says that it's going to be something called "Tokyu Sports Oasis," not sure what exactly that means, but I'm thinking some kind of gym? We'll see, at least I'm thinking it's gonna be something other than houses!

No comments: