Monday, September 11, 2006

ball games, beef bowls, and pulled groins....

Whassappining y'all! (shout out to e-diddy!) It's been awhile, how ya doing? I gotta tell everyone that the new Audioslave album is worth checking out, if you like rage against the machine, you'll here guitar work that sounds just like the old stuff, and if you liked the later soundgarden (which I really didn't, but I like the audioslave version) you'll enjoy it also, just been listening to it today, and I never really talk about music much on here. Anyway, I thought I'd start off with, what else, a baseball game!!!
It was decided that there would be a venture to the Tokyo Dome this time, and many of you (like "many" people read this!) may know, I'm not much for domes, but it really wasn't my choice. I went with a couple of co-workers, GD and Deuce (New Balance), previously referred to by different names in a blog some time back, but from now on referred to as GD and deuce. We went to the Giants x Swallows game, and it was ok.... i guess... I mean, I had fun, but the game and the stadium is pretty much shite. Swallows lost, which means the G&%#ts won. It was a close game, but the Swallows couldn't do anything on offense and dropped the game 2-1. Dissapointing as GD and his friends were all Swallows fans, and I, myself, am an anti-giants fan.
There were some highlights to the evening, one of which was this scene, and the fact that visiting the Tokyo Dome was kind of a homecoming for me in a couple of ways: the first game I ever saw in Japan was a game in the Tokyo Dome (and in fact it was a game between the Giants and Swallows then too) about 6 years ago, on my first trip to Japan. I ended up sitting fairly close to where hunbun and I sat o' those many years ago, and the Tokyo Dome is also one stop away from where I used to attend college. I didn't stop by my old school, mostly because I was in no shape to do so, and it was late, but I did happen to go by the station (completely on accident, I took the train the wrong way....). Anyway, the highlight of the evening (for everyone) was an encounter after the game at Korakuen station (the subway station in front of the Tokyo Dome) between us and a fellow foreinger. Now I am ashamed to admit that I think he was american, but this guy was a piece of work. We were having a good time reveling in our loss, singing songs and such, and all the giants fans around us were enjoying our spectical, but this american dude decided to make it his personal mission to ruin our time. He got in my face, and GD's face, and was talking about "beef." I think his exact words were: "you want beef?" "something, something something," of course we didn't really, but there was also 6 of us, and only him and his gay lover (there's nothing wrong with that), so he really should have just kept quiet, but he was just trying to be a big man to impress his "partner." Anyway, nothing happend really, we just laughed at him a whole bunch, but the real moral lesson is that the only person who ever talked about "beef," and was cool, was Biggie Smalls, a.k.a. Notorious B.I.G. (R.I.P), so people, don't do it, just don't do it!
But, speaking of beef, I have wondeful news!
Beef bowls are back! Yoshinoya, Japan's premiere Gyudon (beef bowl) establishment, is going to have a one day beef bowl extraveganza! So, in japan, for about 3-4 years, there has been a ban on american beef. This was in reaction to the discovery of mad cow desease found in U.S. beef. Yoshinoya claimed that their recipe was only good with american beed, and thusly has not produced their famed beef bowls since the ban (aside from one day when they unleashed their remaining stockpile on the Japanese public causing a frenzy) selling only a weaker version, the "buta-don," or pork bowl. Well, they are back at it. About a month and a half ago, the ban was finnally lifted, and now it's cool to buy beef from america again! So, I'm not sure why they are only doing it for one day, but maybe it's just the beginning....

So, the last thing is my pulled groin... well, it's not really a pulled groin, but I thought I might get another couple of listeners using it in the title. I hurt myself playing futsol last night. It's roughly an upper-inner thigh pull, and it's painful. Unfortunately I couldn't join in on tonights game :( Anyway, that's about it for now, peace out y'all!

No comments: