Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Baystars Bazooooooooka!


Happy day! How is everyone? Great! Tuesday I went to another Baystars game. That's the team that represents Yokohama. It was the first team that I liked when I came to Japan, because I was staying in Yokohama at that time. It was great, the first time I've seen them win. They are pretty much the worst team in the Central League. I would say the worst team, but there are the Rakuten Eagles over in the Pacific League, and they are just terrible. Yokohama Baystars do pretty much scrape the bottom of the league.

But, anyway, it was really cool, I went with deuce, who is a big baystars fan, and we had a great time. Baystars went up 7-0 and ended up holding on for an 8-5 victory. At the same time dude? was at the Tigers game, watching the Tigers beat the Swallows to put them within 5 games of the league leading Chunichi Dragons, who the Baystars beat. Anyway, with probably about 10 games left in the season it's gonna take a miracle to get the Tigers into 1st, but I'm still holding out hope... In the Pacific league there's also about 10 games left in the season. The difference is that in the Pa League there are playoffs. So, now, the top three teams are jockeying for position. The top three teams are: Fukuoka Softbank Hawks, Seibu Lions, and Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters. I'm pulling for the Lions of course, and it's important for them to finish in first because the other two teams would have to play eachother for the right to play the lions.

Anyway, after the game we went back to deuce's homeground of Tsunashima. We went drinking at Shirokiya, and then afterwards we let off some bottle rockets on a bridge near the Tama River. It was good times.

In other news, I busted out my long sleeve shirts! It's cooled down considerably over the past couple of weeks, and I'm just about ready to give up my cool biz short sleeve shirts and go back to my regular long sleeve dress shirts for work, it's pretty exciting. I spent awhile ironing them out, and I might bust one of them out for work tomorrow if it's cool enough.

No comments: