Saturday, September 30, 2006

Sometimes you feel like a nut...

Well, good evening all! I just want to start off with: If you have ever met me, you will know one of two things about me (maybe both) First is that I hate to meet new people. I've been moved around alot in my life, and I've become very good at making new firends, but I f'n hate it! The other thing is that no matter how much I've had to drink, I do not act like I'm drunk. This has come in handy at certain times, especially passing sobriety tests issued by officers of the law, but really, I just don't seem drunk. Ask anyone who has know me for any deal of time, I could have drank 20 beers and they would have never guessed that I was drunk. The only real tell-tale sign is that when I'm drunk I tend to speak more Japanese, and that's about it. Well, tonight, I got drunk! I went out after work with all intention to return home after a couple of beers or so, but got hooked into the situation and ended up having.... oh, I guess 15 or so... who really knows? It was fun, I enjoy seeing my colleagues having a good time :) They had a good time, and I had a good time too. We went to the 200 yen bar in Shibuya and had a hell of a night. I'm not much for crowds, so, it wasn't my deal, but I had a good time myself. Funny people, I work with! Anyway, after making it back to my station (on the most crowded train I've EVER encountered) I called up hunbun, and we talked about some things, some good, some bad, but just talking... the most important thing is my days off. I recieved a fax today saying that I had the option of choosing Sat. Tues. off and holding out for a Friday, or taking Sun. Mon. off straight away. I'm leaning towards sat. tue. because the possiblilites are pretty good (considereing hunbun has sat/sun off) but of course, that's a crap shoot.... Sun/Mon is good, but as far as meeting up with hunbun, it really doesn't help too much... I don't know what to do.... ahhhhh!!!!!! Anyway, I feel like a nut, I know I went into Lawson and spoke perfect japanese to the clerk, but I still feel like I'm a stooooopid foreign idiot sometimes, what can I do? I'm never going to be mistaken for a Japanese person, no matter how drunk I am :)

No comments: