Monday, December 15, 2008

アジカン! and 靖国!

Friday night live!
On Friday, melvis, mornin and I all headed over to Kudanshita Station (九段下駅) in preparation for the evening`s show. Because of the location I wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to visit the most controversial place in Japan, Yasukuni Shrine (靖国神社). The reason it's so controversial is beside the point, read about it if you care, but on this day it was very tranquil. The problem was that we arrived in Kudanshita at around 4:30, and unbeknownst to me, it closed at 5:00... Well, we walked through quickly and I was able to grab a few decent pictures, but we didn't get to see the museum or much of the shrine itself aside from the main building and the walk leading up to it. Anyway, take a peak at what I got: After the shrine, we grabbed a little food at sukiya (すき屋) and then walked over to Nippon Budoukan (日本武道館) for the Asian Kung-fu Generation show that I had been waiting forever for. The show kicked off at about 7 and they ended up playing for about 2 hours including a couple of encores. The show was pretty good, our seats were almost as deep as they could be, but my sightline was perfect, thank God I'm considered tall in this country! AKFG played a ton of songs that I really like, but they never got around to playing my favorite, "Road Movie," but that's OK, they can play it next time I see them!

Oh! and on one of the most crowded trains I've ever been on in Japan, I saw this rad-ass advertisement! Peep it!

No comments: