Tuesday, December 30, 2008

winter vacation '08 day 3, 大掃除!

大掃除の日だ! 大掃除 = big clean! It's like the 'spring cleaning' that happens across the US every spring but it occurs at the end of the year. I woke up still feeling pretty crappy, registering a temp of 99 to begin the day and wasn't really feeling it, but after some chicken noodle soup got me feeling a bit on the plus side and I managed to go through my closet and got out a big pile of crap that I don't need anymore, here's a pile of clothes that are out the door as soon as burnable garbage is ready to be taken out unless I can find out a good place that will take it away and give me money or donate it to the homeless. Man I'm suffering from some severe back pain now form cleaning, sleeping on the floor after watching the last week of the NFL slate of action till the wee hours, and of course doing some heavy lifting today and from my time in the batting cage two days ago... I took some tranquilizers a few mins ago and I think it has hit me hard, I'm spacing out as I type this... Let's see if I can make it before I pass out..
There are a few things I have left to do, mostly cosmetic, today but I think that might be later tonight, or tomorrow before heading out (hopefully if I'm not still rockin a temp), to go to a temple or shrine to rock the new year in. As I said, I'm thinking about Meijijingu or Ikegami-honmonji. God I hope that I'm ok, it'll destroy my plans to drink in the new year experience. Literally drink it in.
Things went well with the Oo-Souji (big clean) if not slow. Things seem pretty good so far, set up nicely. Gotta finish up some stuff still, did I say that already?

I did rock out some music and I thought I'd run down a bit of the random play list that I cleaned to, so, without further ado, 大掃除2008年12月30日 edition:
1. molly (Sixteen Candles) / Sponge
2. ところで / ゆず
3. False Light ((Ayal Naor (27) Carry Edit) / Isis
4. Through the Never / Metallica
5. Drop the World / NoFX
6. Unnamed / Melechesh
7. Crackerman / Stone Temple Pilots
8. Dali's Praying Mantis / Botch
9. Wind Up / Foo Fighters
10. Cemetary Gates / Between the Buried and Me
11. America / Simon & Garfunkel
12. Kiss Me where it Smells Funny / The Bloodhound Game
13. Blood and Thunder / Mastodon
14. Army of Zombies / Lars Frederiksen and the Bastards
15. The Battle of Evermore / Led Zeppelin
16. No Woman, No Cry / Bob Marley
17. I Shot the Sheriff/ Bob Marley
18. Fuck the Kids / NoFX

*there was a CCR break somewhere in the middle of it also*

*wow, after I woke up and read this, I think I was f'd up when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray, shout out to Prince!*

No comments: