Sunday, December 21, 2008

t-minus I'M ON VACATION SUCKAZ!!!!

Yeah baby!
I finished work today and hurried home, why?
Well mornin was making lasagna and earlier in the day I was also informed (by the 'm') that my shipment of redhook had arrived! buya! last time I got an order of ESB and longhammer IPA, peep:

This time I went with the ESB and the Blonde ale, pictured, ah, here!

The only other time I've had the blonde ale before was when I was home and recovering from the flu so I didn't really have much of an opinion of it, but it's pretty good I must say. It's a little lighter than I usually go for, but pretty freakin' good anyway. I really want that orca international site to start slangin some redhook hefe-weizen but first redhook's gotta start slangnin it again. But I just noticed while getting the link for Orca that they are selling the winterhook beer that I enjoy quite a bit... might be making another order... now? I must say that Orca international (notice I've linked to it thrice) is one of the best things to happen to my life. (that's read as "period" as in emphasizing).

So as far as the whole vacation thing goes I've got pretty much nothing planned. I feel really, really good about that. My last vacation was nice, but being home wasn't exactly being home. It was nice, great to see the fam, great to see the friends, but not always relaxing. So here it comes! Gonna see melvis ashita and might do some gaming, drinking and maybe some 526 for the first time in a good long while and aside from that, dunno. Gotta work next Fri/Sat, but other than that nada mucho planned. I might head to a shrine for new year's eve and might head down to Chinatown for a New Year's Day parade or something like that. Dunno... Oh god, am I starting to already think about going back to work? Crap! Oh! I just remembered that I also want to watch the Hakone Ekiden (箱根駅伝). I gotta say that I've probably never said that before because marathons on TV are pretty much not exciting. Like watching someone knit an entire sweater. I watched a bunch of them as a kid because my dad ran in a bunch of them and those were OK, just chillin alongside the road. But this year I wanna watch it because my university here in Tokyo will be competing in it again this year! They haven't been in it that last couple of years and thusly, there's been 0 interest on my part. But がんばれ~拓大! go rattlesnakes!!! I bought a sweet orange sweater (speaking of) that I'll be rockin on Jan 2nd, sitting infront of the TV (drinking beer) and cheering my boys on!

No comments: