Thursday, January 01, 2009

2008, year in the rearview...

2008 was the year of the Rat and the year of the post. I posted 135 times last year. Compare that to 2007=40 and 2006=54. Now granted 2006 I didn't start posting until July, but still, tons of posting this year! Well, let's take a look back through my photos and try and encapsulate what 2008 meant to me:

Jan '08
I made a list of stuff I wanted to buy and do this year and I checked almost all of them off my list, but I also made a bucket list for this year, and didn't do any of those... Watched some terrible football, started working again, became a Frontale fan, went greenish, bought milk, wrote the new Australian national anthem, and it snowed!

Feb '08
I got my unreal results from the JLPTest (I passed) and saw some more snow baby! Also celebrated Kenkokukinenbi right! I joined the ranks of other child molesters, saw a Minus the Bear concert, welcomed a homie to the neighborhood, talked about what I hate and celebrated my 2 years in Japan!

Mar '08
I went to my first Frontale game, finally got a haircut and was held up by a robber in my own apartment! Went to a wedding, bought an iPod and a couple guitars.




Apr '08
Went to a bunch of sporting events, dominated Wii like no one before, planted tomatoes, got a new cell phone and missed my train station twice! I also caused a girl to crash her moped (not the one pictured) and said good bye to A.O.S. and deuce...

May '08
Went on an Epic Goldenweek vacation with mornin, got a new PC and camera, and went to Sanja-matsuri. Also learned that if you're gonna miss last train, GO TO THE ATM EARLY! Lost a good friend in the neighborhood... Oh! and round face and melting faces' b-days!

June '08
June seems to have been boring, went to some horse racing, cooked, tried some crappy blue pepsi... anything else??? Oh, got a new guitar, made some umeshu, sang karaoke, checked out the new train line here in Tokyo, got a new couch and TV stand!


July '08
The sonics moved. Had a couple b-b-qers, Tokyo was freaking out because of the summit in Hokkaido, started a new site and had my life taken over by NCAA '09... I have yet to get it back, but slowly, slowly... also had an anniversary!



Aug '08
Went to see some fireworks, stayed home and saw some fireworks, experienced the magic of cats, nearly drowned, played NCAA '09 too much! saw the launch of ninety9bottles (and the death?) and the L.W.O.D. '08! Not to mention the ridiculous amount of rain...



Sept '08
I did very little posting in september but I went to my first Frontale away game, Sendai, and I bought my ticket home!


Oct '08
Went to Oktoberfest, Tokyo Game Show, Celebrated my B-day and Nichiren's death all in one weekend! Also celebrated mornin's b-day! Moved apartments, and saw a mantis baby! Bowled some of the worst games of my life!



Nov '08
I went home for the first time in years, got the flu, got a new president!




Dec '08
Got tonsillitis (?). Got sick again. Most of my vacation was screwed. but, I also did a ton of posting, went to see Asian Kung-fu Generation, Yasukuni Shrine, started a new random playlist post, and a new awards show! Cleaned like a demon and got a new TV! Also did the 'Japanese Thing' and waited in line for some donuts!

That`s about it for last year, ended on a bad note, let`s get the new year in full thrust baby!

No comments: