Thursday, January 01, 2009

winter vacation '08 day 5, 初詣

Today, the 1st day of the year 2000 and 9 and my fever continues to rage. GODDAMMIT! I'm running out of vacation! But I got up today and went to the phone booth to make a call home to my pops for his b-day (Dec. 31st US time). He's the big 5-8 today! Congrats! But I ran into a problem. See how in the picture there's no phone booth? Well, there used to be... So I had to find another one, and find another one I did. Called home, talked to the family, then called my dad and came home. After a bit, I took some ominous pictures of the sunset and then mornin and I headed over to Ikegami honmonji for our first prayers of the year (初詣). It was a good pray and I was completely over-dressed for the occasion, but gotta stay warm...
Just took my temp and I think it's finally breaking! Maybe my last 3 days will be saved!

Oh, I also learned today that on the 1st day of the new year, if you do everything you want to be good at, at least a little, you will do it good throughout the year. I'm parrearrangeaphrasing here, but you get the point.

No comments: